The individuality of fireplaces, their appearance is of great importance. Fireplaces can be very diverse – strict forms, simple and not intricate, huge and bulky, elegant in their perfection, presentable, modest and almost invisible. Perhaps fireplaces have their own character. Causing respect, reverence, admiration for the originality of forms or functionality. The character of the fireplace can be influenced by its shape and the material from which it is made. The location of the fireplace in the room is very important, located in the corner or in the middle of the room, recessed or, on the contrary, put forward for show, pretentiously decorated or rather modest and inconspicuous.
Types of fireplaces.
- Fireplace presentable
- The fireplace is impressive home fireplace
- Fireplace exquisite simple rustic
- Exquisitely delicate
- Fireplace modest
- The fireplace is presentable.
This type of fireplaces usually form the basis of any interior. They are usually installed in the very center of the main room, which emphasized the importance of not only this room, but the entire building.
- The fireplace is impressive.
Такой камин выполняется в виде такой себе «глыбы», которая имеет выступающие карнизы и прочие элементы, которые символизируют внушительность. Этот вид каминов подойдёт для гостиных в которой часто любят собираться все члены семейства.
- The fireplace is exquisite.
Having good proportions, the profile is neat, without any pretentious and protruding elements, with a fairly large firebox in a simple and not pretentious framing decorative frame. Such fireplaces have meticulously selected parts, elements that are made of fine materials: stone, wood, possibly stucco. It becomes a real decoration of the room in which it is located.
- Simple rustic.
Often, fireplaces of this type are made of brick. In shape, it very often resembles an ordinary oven, with shelves. Gives such a fireplace, a country mood or a feeling of a country house. Even a pot is placed in its firebox.
- Exquisitely delicate.
This fireplace practically does not stand out against the background of the wall where it is located, neither by a shade of color, nor by volume. It is usually performed as part of the hay and has an inconspicuous, non-intrusive appearance. It does not attract much attention to itself, it simply provides comfort, allowing the household to do their daily chores.
- The fireplace is modest.
Not having a rich frame, as a rule, it is built into the wall, fits into the interior and goes well with the whole decor of the room. Gives comfort and coziness to any room, but does not take up much space at the same time.
From everything described above, we can draw conclusions: there is no definite and clear standard for fireplaces, everything depends on the desire, financial capabilities, needs or purpose of the future fireplace.
Different types of fireplaces.
Everything depends on the interior and style, but not forgetting about the needs, consumer purpose, design nuances. I distinguish fireplaces at the moment into three main groups.
- Ordinary or traditional fireplaces (located in the wall) are by far the most common group of fireplaces. Closed fireplaces built into the main wall belong to such a group, directly during the construction of the building or during its major reconstruction, redevelopment. The main advantage of such a fireplace is that it almost does not take up the usable space of the room. Suitable for those who appreciate the classic style and minimalism in the interior. The size of the furnace part of the fireplace will depend on the size of the room. And one more of the main advantages is the relatively low cost compared to other types.
- Fireplace wall (standing near the wall). This type does not require major intervention in the construction of the wall or house, as a rule, it is attached to an existing wall. The main drawback is that it extends far enough into the room. But even this shortcoming is sometimes lost against the background of the beauty and grace of such a composition right in the center of the room, it becomes the highlight of the entire decoration of the room. Wall fireplaces can be located not only in the middle of the rooms, but also have an arrangement in the corners.
- Freestanding fireplace (located directly in the center of the room). Fireplaces of this type are a fairly modern solution. It is an open type fireplace, and can be located anywhere in any room, including in the center of it. These free-standing fireplaces are divided into two subtypes, non-stationary and stationary. Fireplaces non-stationary for the most part have a heating function, and in fact there are large heaters. They are fueled by wood, coal or gas. There are also open fireplaces that do not need chimneys, they burn smoke particles into a fuel receiver.
– Styles of fireplaces.
- Classic fireplace
- English fireplace
- Style Rustic
Fireplaces have undergone changes over the long history of their existence. There are many styles available today. On the territory of Europe, fireplaces appeared in ancient Rome, and have survived well to this day. In the Middle Ages, the fireplace had the direct purpose of heating the room, but today it is often an element of decor, entourage and just decoration of the room.
- The fireplace is classic. Classic fireplaces are real works of art. They are made from elite and expensive materials, marble, natural stone granite. Decor elements, molding, bas-reliefs, figurines were also used. A classic fireplace is a “P” shaped structure with an open firebox.
- The English style appeared about ten decades ago, during the reign of Queen Victoria. The main task is to combine all the components: colors, materials, objects. The English style of fireplaces also has a “P” – shaped portal, made mainly of cast iron or wood, which has a special unique pattern, ornament, has an open furnace part. Of the decorations, special tiles could be used.
- Modern. This style, like the architectural style, combined classical elements. The master designers had a very rich imagination, and this made such fireplaces fit into the modern interior of an apartment or office. Art Nouveau fireplaces require careful planning around the fireplace space. Modern fireplaces can have different shapes, rectangular or semicircular. As a rule, they occupy the entire space from ceiling to floor.
- Rustic style. Another name for country style. The style is characterized by a measured unhurried rural lifestyle. Inexpensive and porous material such as artificial stone or shell rock will be used in the manufacture of these fireplaces. A feature is the presence of “D” – a figurative portal of small and medium sizes. It is mainly done in the wall or corner version. In most cases there is a niche for firewood.
Hitech style. This style includes those made of various modern materials (steel, glass, etc., or a combination of them). They have a very bold design, a large selection of shapes, sizes, and design options. The appearance demonstrates the most advanced and bold solutions in construction.
Which fireplace to choose, and what style and design it should be for you to choose.